Thursday, December 1, 2011

Now is the Winter of our discontent...

And by winter I mean the end. And by discontent I mean Fall semester.

It's almost over! The 2nd to last semester of my 2 1/2 years at UCF is almost over! At first I can hardly contain myself until I realize that almost the end means one last thing...

Finals week. (bum bum bummmmmm)

In a strange and masochistic way, I wish I could pretend every week was finals week. I get so much stuff done that has absolutely nothing to do with studying, it's ridiculous. Yup, I'm a procrastinator. I also have a massive case of A.D.D.

Need to write a four page exhibition review? Better clean the kitchen instead!

Memorize a stack of note cards the size of my head? I bet Brinkley would like to go for a walk in this lovely weather!

Read three chapters? Do three loads of laundry.

Write a practice essay? Clean the bathroom.

And so on, and so forth... But now, it's crunch time. And the only way crunch time can truly happen is by a little process I like to call Self Bribery. So instead of a procrastination nation, I now live in productivity-ville!

Finish writing that exhibition review? Get a cupcake!



Read three chapters and finish highlighting notes? How about another cup of coffee (Starbucks Christmas blend, yummy)!


Write not one but two practice essays!? That deserves getting to write a blog post!


So, just incase I disappear for the weekend... You now know it's because I didn't complete enough tasks to be rewarded with writing a post :-( But! I promise I'll be back in full force for the rest of December on Thursday!

Until then, be sure to check out all my awesome new sponsors for the month of December! And, keep up with me on Twitterrr to see how well I'm surviving study-a-thon 2011!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there! This time of year is always so crazy!

Jennie said...

AHHHHH. Finals week will be the death of me.

PS I think your blog is the cutest thing ever and now I am following it! The end. :)