Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Back in the swing

Today marked the first day of my last semester as an undergrad! That is, if I can pass French 3. Je ne parle pas bien le français.... And quite frankly I am utterly terrified of this class. It probably didn't help that my fear made me put off taking it until the very last point that I could because now, not only do I have poor French skills, but I also have a good year since taking my last French class.

So, to try and head this nightmare of a semester off at the pass, I did what I do best.

Organize.

Thrilling life I lead, I know. But, to be perfectly honest, there are few simple pleasures I love more than a well thought out to-do list and a color coded Google calendar. It makes me feel so much more in control of my life when my desktop looks like this
Suddenly, I'm less stressed out that Penny still isn't house broken. Or that I have the French skills of a 4 year old. Or even that the one time I had a moment to try and clean, the vacuum cleaner decided to spit out more crap than it picked up. And makes me focus on the nicer things throughout my day. Like the fact that my assigned text book for French is Le Petite Prince (yes, the adorable children's book) or how freaking cute this dog is, evil though she maybe.

I'm still coming to terms with how much of a slacker I was last month but this month, I'm well on my way to getting back in the swing of being a productive student, puppy mommy, girlfriend and of course, blogger!



4 comments:

Shelby said...

AH I have a corgi too!! They're so cute:) Did you get my email about sponsoring? I just posted your button on my blog!

Samantha said...

i love the feeling of being organized! if i lost my planner, i'm pretty sure the world would end

Robin said...

Goodluck with this semester, stay confident & practice your french..you'll be done before you know it!

I hope you'll check out my blog, plus a link up called Wish! {out loud} that I hope you'll participate in!

http://flyingfarandfree.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Good luck with your final ungrad semester!! So exciting! Best wishes with the French, too! Not sure how advanced you are, but I took immersion in high school, so if I can help, you know where to find me. :)

Hope you have an awesome 2012, Annika! xo.