Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fall in Oregon

Probably my favorite unexpected result of becoming a blogger was my return to my love of photography. As many of you may know, I am a graduated photography major. But sadly, a rather volatile breakup with my photo school boyfriend, caused me to associate one of the worst times of my life with my camera. After school, I didn't touch it for literally years.

However, upon starting this blog, I found myself longing for my own photos to use here and slowly but surely my camera came back into my life. Only this time, with the positive connotation of helping not only my photography but also my writing and helping to introduce me to the wonderful blogging world!






Oh and did I mention I crossed one more thing off my 30 before 30 list? Yup, I saw not just my first waterfall, but FOUR waterfalls in one day! Go big or go home right? Speaking of trying new things, I took all of your advise on layering and successfully stayed warm the entire week!

(I was fascinated by the rose being as tall as I was. In case you were wondering.)

This post is my fall participation in Follower Fest! Join in the fun!

Photobucket


12 comments:

Nicole [The Lovely Poppy] said...

pretty- i'm stopping by from the follower fest and would love for you to visit my blog and checkout the huge giveaway going on- http://thelovelypoppy.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-follower-giveaway.html xoxo nicole

Rebekka Seale said...

Nice! And what an amazing photographer you are!!

Gentri said...

I LOVE hearing how blogging has helped you. It helped me too. :) I'm so sorry you went through that, but I am SO happy that you are doing well and are picking up photography again. These photos are gorgeous and I'm excited to see more. :)

Jennifer said...

I'm a new follower from follow fest and also from Oregon!!

Samantha said...

love your pictures! i want to go to oregon so bad, and i'm pretty sure it's amazing in the fall! thanks for following my blog! i love your already!

SheHasCuteShoes! said...

Your photos are beautiful. You obviously have a talent and it would have been a shame for it not to be used. Glad you claimed your "voice" back. :)

Vikki

Halley said...

Wow, your photography is fantastic, Annika. Great eye.

Taryn said...

Love Oregon, and these pictures certainly tell why =)

Sarah said...

Such great fall images- especially the waterfalls. I can't believe you'd never seen one before!!

Sarah {the fontenot four} said...

Hi! New follower from followers fest! Beautiful pictures!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pictures! Stopping by from followers fest, already a follower :)

Unknown said...

hi there.

congrats on re-finding your joy in this. there's nothing like doing what we love.