Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkin Cheesecake with Maple Whipped Cream Topping


Just look at that pumpkin pie. Doesn't it look absolutely amazing?? Well, that's fantastic!

Because it's not mine.

Don't get me wrong, I DID make a pumpkin pie. And it WAS just as amazing as this one looks. But, the key word here my friends, is 'was.'

Maybe I should rename this recipe "Pie So Good It Doesn't Last Long Enough To Take One Pictures"? Has a nice ring to it, right?

Not really. I know.

Ingredients


Pie Filling

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened

5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (or Splenda if like myself, you have a diabetic beau)

1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract

1 teaspoon molasses

2 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree

Maple Whipped Cream

1 (8 ounce) tub of Cool Whip (I used lite)

2 tablespoon maple syrup

As far as the crust is concerned. Store bought, lightly toasted, all the way.

Beat cream cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric stand mixer until smooth and creamy. Add in the powdered sugar and beat until fluffy. Add the vanilla extract, molasses, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin puree and beat until thoroughly combined.

After allowing the pie crust to cool, evenly spoon your pie mixture into the pie tin.

Evenly blend the Cool Whip and maple syrup. Try not to over mix the Cool Whip though, as it will quickly loose it's whippy-ness (Shakespeare made up words. So can I.). Pile the mixture evenly over your pie filling and pop in the fridge over night. This part is really important to let the pie settle.

Pull that bad boy out of the fridge the next day, and watch it disappear!





  


1 comment:

Gentri said...

haha! I'm not a pumpkin pie fan, but maybe this one will change my mind. :)