Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Turkey Time: Mini Caprese Salad


Nick's Mini Caprese Salad if probably the definition of Martha Stewart made easy.

If you can slice things without slicing off any limbs in the process, you can make this fabulous and simple little salad!

Prep Time - 15 minutes

Dressing Ingredients

1 ½ cups fresh basil
4-5 sprigs thyme 
1/2 a lemon worth of juice
2-3 cloves garlic
3-4 tbsp Olive oil

Combine all ingredients into  food processor and chop until liquified

Salad Ingredients

2 cups fresh mozzarella pearls
1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
1 cup sliced menagerie tomatoes
2 tbsp balsamic glaze

Slice the tomatoes and combine with mozzarella pearls
Toss tomato and mozzarella mixture with basil dressing
Chill for 1 - 2 hours to marinate
Top with balsamic glaze and serve!

Check back later tonight for my favorite... Dark Chocolate Coca-Cola Brownies!


4 comments:

Shelby said...

Hey Annika! I just stumbled on your blog, and I have to say, it's totally adorable! I'd love it if you followed me back!:)

Shelby xoxo
sweetconfessions21.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Shame on you Annika...going straight from a delicious and healthy salad to rich dark chocolate coca-cola brownies... I'll be here :)

Julie Ann said...

Wow this looks delicious. Tomatoes are one of the veggies that I just can't get into. But I want to SO bad!! :]

xo
Julie Ann

Halley said...

YES, I want this. Also, balsamic glaze is the nectar of the gods - Ambrosia!