Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Girlfriend Club

My favorite memory from Winter break had to be the reunion of the surviving members of the Girlfriend Club! What in the world is the Girlfriend Club, you ask? Well, 2+ years ago, I moved to Orlando and as luck would have it, almost immediately hit it off with and started dating Nick. Through him, I met his awesome friends but for a good while, I was the only female who consistently hung out in their little boys club. Until one magical day (more like over the course of a month, but who's counting) they boys started settling down and bringing other ladies into my life! We started to joke that if they were the boys club, then we should be the Girlfriend Club!

Nick & Annika
Dan and Candice
Kristy & Brian
Colin & Marla

Kristy and I are not only the only surviving members (by break-ups, not by actual lose of life) but we have now become life long friends! She moved to Mississippi for grad school, but recently flew down to Tampa to see her family (and me!!) for the holidays! We got the chance to visit, laugh and thoroughly freak out our boyfriends by changing the name of the Girlfriend Club, to the Future Wifey Club. 


 
We ate, we drank, we were merry and then I woke up at 6 A.M. to drive back home and work the next morning. Despite my crank attitude for the rest of that long and tired next day, it was well worth it to see one of my favorite people even for just an hour!


2 comments:

Blace said...

Sounds like a good time!

Mrs. Darcy said...

Looks like you guys had an amazing time and it is great that you were able to continue your friendship!

aspiretoinspire