Saturday, September 17, 2011

Don't-tell-people-what's-in-these Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies are amazing and amazingly simple. But, whatever you do, don't tell people what's in them. I'll tell you why- yesterday I made a little over 2 dozen of these and today, they are gone. Completely, 100%, gone. Yes, they are THAT amazing. But, after the first few people that refused to eat them after I mentioned the secret ingredient, I just started refusing to tell anyone what they were until after they ate at least one.

I bet you're getting pretty curious about what this mystery ingredient is? What's wrong with this picture:


Chocolate chip cookie dough? Check. Cocoa powder? Check. Brown sugar? Check. Zucchini? ...Check?

Just trust me. I used a value size tube of cookie dough so I'll list the measurements for that and for the normal size, in case you're like me and stink at conversions.

Ingredients

1 tube of pillsbury chocolate chip cookies (30 oz or 16.5 oz)
2 cups shaved zucchini (1 cup for normal size tube)
1/2 cup cocoa powder (or 1/4)
1/2 cup brown sugar (or 1/4)

  1. Combine all the ingredients and stick the bowl in the refrigerator while you pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees. The dough is almost imposible to deal with if it's warm so make sure not to skip this step!
  2. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, let cool and enjoy!
Yup! That's it! Simple right? But, make sure you remember the most important rule about these cookies. No one knows whats in them, until they've eaten one.


Enjoy your weekend, my lovelies!!

4 comments:

Marina said...

I think I would love these.. But if I said my husband what is inside, he wouldn't even try them! So, that will be a secret :)

elisabeth said...

awesome!!
one of my friends makes vegan cookies with avocado in them and they are so amazing.
the avocado keeps them moist & yummy!
i'll have to give the zucchini a go :)

thanks for sharing!

♥elisabeth

Annika said...

Vegan avocado cookies!? Now THAT I'm going to have to look into! I have tried vegan cookies a few time but they always come out so dry and icky... maybe I just wasn't using my avocados wisely!

Claire said...

Uuuum, you are awesome. Hiding vegetables in treats is the best. I like to sneak things like squash into pancakes, chickpeas into blondie bars...so stealthy :)