Monday, November 7, 2011

Sponsor Spotlight: Round Two!




Tell us about yourself, your blog, and what sparked you to start it?! 

Oh hai! My name is Danielle and my words live over at Danfredo Rivera. I started my blog soon after my guy and I got engaged to fill our friends and family in on all of our wedding preparations, but it seems that we've picked up a couple of people along the way. We're getting married on 11/11/11-my birthday-and we couldn't be happier! Check out my blog for some some super cute wedding stuff, awesome dancing from Wil and me (we're salsa dancers), bootleg photography and really healthy recipes (I'm a registered dietitian, too).

What is one of your favorite quotes and why? 

" Of course I love you, but we don't have to be gay and say it all the time or blow kisses over the phone and shit." ~Wilfredo Rivera. Yes, this is my favorite quote OF ALL TIME and yes, my husband is the one who said it! The first time Wil told me he loved me was right before he told me something really serious. It all started with, "You know I love you right?" Actually, I hadn't because he had never told me before. Anyway, he started telling me this important thing, but I kept giggling. When he finally asked what was so funny (I really can't recall what the important thing was that he was trying to tell me), I answered with a question, "You love me?" That quote, was his priceless response. I don't think I've ever laughed as long or as hard as I did when those words came out of his mouth.

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? 

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a doctor, a teacher, a lawyer, a business woman, a chef, a ballerina, a writer, a poet, a mom, a politician, a gym teacher, a scientist, a photographer and an interior designer. Now that I think about it, I kinda did become all those things.

Cake or pie? 


Carrot cake and pumpkin pie...AT THE SAME TIME!






Tell us about yourself!

I'm an Expat who lives in New Zealand, working as a freelance writer, blogger intern and all around adventurer. I've got a boyfriend who makes WWI airplane replicas and a cat who creates chaos and hairballs. I'm currently rediscovering New England all over again and reconnecting with my family. I'm one part sass to two parts caffeine. I love tall-ship sailing, discovering new places and trying something new!


Now tell us a little bit about your blog and what sparked you to start it?

My blog, Life of Something New, is about travel and exploration. It's full of neat travel tips, new foods, inspiring people and the gratuitous cat belly photo. I started the blog because I had recently been made redundant from a stressful job and realized life is more than money and jobs. I decided to do something new every day and share it with the world.

What is one of your favorite quotes and why?

Life is a daring adventure or nothing - Helen Keller. It reminds me to push myself and try a new (and sometimes uncomfortable) adventure.

What are your top 5 simple pleasures?

Road trips, snuggles, bobbing along to the radio, fuzzy cat bellies and reading.

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A marine biologist and study Mako sharks. The irony was that I was terrified of sharks and had a fear of swimming in the ocean. Thank you, Jaws.

Cake or pie?

Cake! Preferably moist yellow cake with whipped cream and berries. Yum!

1 comment:

Danfredo Photos + Films said...

Yay, I'm so excited to be over here! :-)