Thursday, May 17, 2012

30 Before 30: Boston


March. Smack in the middle of my last semester of college and right about when a mental break seemed imminent. My girlfriends and I decided to take an impromptu trip for a St. Patricks day weekend in the most Irish place you can get without actually going over the ocean. Boston Massachusetts.  

Boston has really always had a soft spot in my heart and was the trip in 2010 that implanted the travel bug in my head. 

You remember way back when I took that trip out to Portland Oregon? And I asked you how a Florida girl should dress in cold Portland weather? 

Well… Portland ain't got nothin' on March in Boston kind of cold. 

However, I'm proud to announce that not only was it freezing but I also had a killer flu, hardly any voice (think the Friends episode where Phoebe gets her "sexy voice") and still somehow managed to look cute and stay warm!


It should come as no surprise that my absolute favorite part of the trip was the Boston Museum of Fine Arts! 


Being such a huge and historically relevant city though, Boston had a ton more art to offer than simply the museum. 

The Boston Public Library was simply breathtaking and covered in frescos reminiscent of my summer Florence. That and it had a bunch of random little secret passage ways that we were constantly trying to sneak into (National Treasure: Boston Edition, anyone?)


Being that we were in Boston and it was St. Patricks day, there was also a fair amount of debauchery that took place and included (but was not limited to) Attempting to "race" statues of a tortus and hare, making friends with street musicians that were also from Florida, having them follow us into a CVS and then subsequently getting kicked out of said CVS. Such is life in the Northeast I guess!









3 comments:

elledoubleyouu said...

So fun seeing your favorite Boston places! I'm glad you liked the MFA and the public library...definitely two of my favorite spots as well :)

♥ LW

MYNORDICS said...

Lovely blog, to quote Arnold Schwarzenegger: I'll be back;)

Angies30before30 said...

love this and would love to share one of my 30 moments with you! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1075766368/30-before-30-traveling-under-the-influence?ref=email